With much zeal and enthusiasm, the education metaverse market will grow to $32.39 billion by 2028.
Metaverse is a shiny new toy for educators, students, and VR application developers in the education market.
If we consider the earlier education market scenario, the growth seems outstanding.
For years, physical or classroom-based learning has always monopolized students and teachers across different learning environments.
It was not until the later 20th century that the concept of digital learning came into existence. The remarkable plethora of advanced technologies has shaped the digital learning environment into the present e-learning industry.
The global e-learning industry will grow to $147.7 billion by 2025.
80% of companies and 50% of students prefer online courses and have used e-learning platforms for academic growth and excellence.
After the pandemic, the e-learning or digital learning space has gained a new spark and reached the corners of most institutions globally.
Consequently, the metamorphosis of conventional learning models into a technology-driven advanced learning format has encouraged another thing to happen in the education sector. It has allowed advanced concepts and technologies to blend with the learning ecosystem to make it more cutting-edge and refined.
Metaverse in education is the next step of digitized education. Instead of drilling into the e-learning industry separately, technologies like AR, VR, and AI, will get into the e-learning space in the name of the metaverse.
Facebook’s rebranding and Mark Zuckerberg’s speech about the next generation of the internet have had everyone wondering what the future will look like. Although metaverse will have countless uses, here we delve into its potential effect on online education.
Technologies Driving The Metaverse In Education
Metaverse in education consists of advanced and brilliant technologies:
Virtual Reality is the prime pillar of the metaverse, whether in-game or education.
Virtual Reality is a computer-generated environment. Here, users can feel that they are in the real world although interacting with virtual elements in the VR world.
Hence, VR space is a replica of the real world.
VR video games are beautiful examples of Virtual Reality technology implementation.
Players wear VR headsets and glasses to enter the virtual gaming world in VR games. Players can hit, kick, run, and feel all the activities explained in the storyline.
Similar to the VR gaming world, metaverse in education feels the same.
Students can immerse themselves in a metaverse school or classroom to interact with digital learning elements, teachers, and fellows.
Augmented Reality technology lets digital objects exist in the real world.
Users can interact with digital objects without immersing themselves in the virtual world.
Pokémon GO is an excellent example of an Augmented Reality game where pokémons interact with the natural world and the game’s players.
Hence, AR technology offers a better video experience and live streaming. It will, for sure, assists eLearning platforms with 3D visualization.
In the metaverse e-learning space, students can interact with augmented 3D objects to experience experiential learning.
How Metaverse In Education Will Revamp The E-Learning Space?
Metaverse has already exhibited its charm in the gaming industry. It would lead us wrong to confine the metaverse experiments only to gaming and entertainment. Many educational institutes embrace the metaverse school concept to modernize their teaching system.
So, the metaverse fever is already upon the education system. Very soon, it will undoubtedly revamp the e-learning industry also through the following ways:
Better E-Learning And Play World
- Since its inception, the e-learning market has been expanding its roots exponentially. It will reach $325 billion by 2025.
- The rapid growth only within two decades marks how students are enjoying the e-learning platforms and mobile apps.
- These days, students enjoy learning with e-learning apps or platforms rather than books in their hands undoubtedly.
- Metaverse in education will boost students’ e-learning preference to another level.
- Metaverse e-learning apps will create virtual learning spaces where students can walk, interact with teachers or trainers, write notes, appear in exams, and many more.
- Students can also indulge in playing educational games to make the learning fun and interesting.
Better Explanation By Educators
- Teachers get only chalk and a board to explain the topics to students in classes. Likewise, in conventional e-learning courses, educators fail to offer proper and detailed explanations to students through video-calling apps.
- Unlike conventional classroom and e-learning scenarios, with metaverse e-learning apps, explanation and illustration will never seem an issue.
- With AR-integrated learning objects, instructors can illustrate topics effectively to their students.
- The virtual learning space, AR-driven digital objects, Etc., make even critical and complex topics easily comprehensible.
- For instance, if a teacher wants to demonstrate the parts of vehicles, they can use holographic apps to reflect a 3D image. Students will have a better understanding of scientific and mathematical experiments.
Refined Parent And Teacher Interactions
- Unlike conventional e-learning apps, in metaverse e-learning apps, parents can interact with trainers and review their wards’ learning progress.
- Hence, the metaverse can guide parents to their wards’ academic performance on the e-learning platforms.
- Parents can attend the students’ classes and interact with teachers to ensure the quality of education offered in the institution.
- Many students prefer e-learning apps or platforms because of their remote location. In a metaverse e-learning space, parents can interact with educators to review the learning process and their wards’ progress.
- Moreover, teachers and parents can arrange metaverse meetings to plan better e-learning modules for students.
Enriched Learning Resources With 3D Visualization
- In the metaverse e-learning space, students can access 3D objects and VR-driven study materials to visualize learning objects and diagrams in a 3D format.
- 3D visualization-driven resources offer a better understanding to study materials.
- For example, in history class, teachers can show students a 3D animated video of the historical events to make the topic easy to understand.
- In addition, students can also change their clothes, hairstyles, etc., among the various options available.
- Lastly, in a metaverse e-learning space, examinations seem more interactive with digital and immersive elements.
No wonder e-learning apps have revolutionized the way of teaching and learning.
However, metaverse in education will ignite the benefits of e-learning to another level.
To conclude, the education metaverse is changing every facet of the education system. So, it is pretty natural to affect the e-learning space. It will take nearly a decade to transform the eLearning industry into a metaverse.
Edverse is pioneering metaverse technology implementation in the education sector. If you are interested to learn more about metaverse e-learning space, contact Edverse experts.